Sunday 17 August 2014

Hover Flies Yearning For The River




Hover flies
Dancing for a few moments,
Light transient too.


I yearned for the river
To walk with the flow
To stroke her flanks with my eyes.
Good to know she is still there,
She is part measure of my own time too.


Two birds
From cloud to cloud
Opening my arms to the sun

So exposed.


From under a hydrangea leaf
With just the faintest rustle
A moth now lost in night.
Just breath
And beating heart,
The thinnest slice there could be.


There is the tug of the earth
Pulling at this my flesh and bone,
My weight on the soil.
There is wind play among pines
Pitching song into last evening light,
No weight on the soul.



To follow this blog: the 'Follow by E-mail' facility is now operating. Don't miss a beat and sign in. If you enjoyed this, or any other post, please let me know! If there are specific aspects of the Japanese garden tradition you are interested in, please let me know. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment